Re: Earth is Not Enough

__/ [David Smith] on Friday 13 January 2006 21:03 \__

> <Mark.Wright@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:It13Eu.u7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4604556.stm
>>
>> : "Earth lacks the water, energy and agricultural land to allow China and
>> India
>> : to attain Western living standards, a US think-tank has warned."
>>
>> Yeh, I had a chuckle when I read that. Even if true, I presume the idea of
>> the west giving back the excess that it has siezed wouldnt be something
>> they would consider...
>
> "Even if true"?  Do you doubt it?
>
> In the future, the West might lose its dominance and be less able to bag
> the lion's share.

It's a real shame, but who are we to forcibly deny these privileges? Any
intervention would be unethical. The reason I posted the URL to this group
is because I see a subtle element of incitement --incentive to use public
opinion to delay the inevitable. Fortunately, much of  Westernised World has
already comprehended the value of controlling population size growth. This
leads to bitterness, however, where birth control is altogether discarded.