Re: amarok shutting off the PCM

__/ [nono@xxxxxxxx] on Saturday 14 January 2006 06:56 \__

> Running Suse 10. I have an Audigy2 sound card.
>
> When I run amarok with the xine engine, it runns like a sprint and has
> no audio output.
>
> It doesn't even offer me gstreamer. gstreamer is there for jukbox, but
> acts the same way there as xine does on amarok.
>
> So I tried the Helix engine. I played the first sone. Great! Sounds
> good. Second track comes up and I have no auio out! I open the mixer
> and I find the PCM zeroed out! I set it up to about 75%. At the start
> of teh next track, BANG!, PCM to zero!
>
> Any ideas?

I believe that AmaroK has an option for using PCM/Master Volume or another
'level' of volume controller. Have you tried changing it yet? This might
provide an odd workaround. Also, what have you got in crossfading (X-fader)?
Is it enabled at all (default)? Are the parameters 'sane' at all?

Hope this helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
  6:55am  up 34 days 14:06,  14 users,  load average: 0.58, 0.66, 0.79