Re: Shannon's E-store

  • Subject: Re: Shannon's E-store
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:34:56 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [--Fred--] on Saturday 14 January 2006 17:55 \__

> <shannonshirey2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to make money off my blog and I only gotten $3.07 so far I
>> want to make more so it'll help my business grow please help me.
>> http://shannonshirey2001.blogspot.com
>>
>> Shannon
>>

> It is not going to be easy. You have a "paint by number" web page that
> consistently says "
> "I'm shannon <snipped by Fred >, and I'm starting a business on the
> Internet."
>
> You need to rethink you market strategy. Today's Internet consumer is
> looking for something substantial, something inviting, something
> established, cutting edge. IMHO you haven't any of those characteristics
> going for the web page. Image is everything. If you are sincerely desiring
> to harness online sales then, perhaps you may want to consider hiring out
> the web work to someone that is more experienced in web architecture for
> secure transactions and that understands both the target consumer and the
> major search engines. In other words, you need to invest the $3.07 you have
> earned so far and put it back into your business, and then come up with a
> bit more.
>
> Good Luck Shannon
> Fred

Hi Shannon,

Fred is very right. Here are my personal suggestions (in brevity):

* Buy your own domain name. Ensure it contains no numbers and sounds
professional by all means. Cost: about $10; hat tip: GoDaddy.

* Make use of Open Source content management systems (CMS) such as Mambo
Server, Plone, Drupal, or even WordPress. Install and get familiar with the
CMS. Cost: 0.

* Create a small number of pages which get across a few messages and reflect
on yourself as a trustworthy professional. Blogs are not truly encouraged at
the early stages, unless you expect your audience to be familiar with
syndication or comprise of bloggers.

Good luck,

Roy

PS - Blogspot has earned its bad reputation as a home for spam, scams, and
crooks. Blogs on that domain are taken with a whole barrel of salt.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Florida is bigger than England
  6:30pm  up 35 days  1:41,  14 users,  load average: 1.15, 1.07, 1.11