Re: Directory/File 'Stuck' in Webspace

>>> Will you please LISTEN! Removing a file is not an operation on the
>>> file, but on the DIRECTORY. When you stop talking about permissions
>>> on the file we will know that the words are finally sinking into your
>>> skull.

> I don't care much for your vain attitude.

Vain? It's your attitude of ignoring what is said that isn't much
carable for! As you see from your quote

     I have permissions to operate on file in cPanel,

you are talling about the permissions on the file, while that's
irrelevant to deleting the file.  Deleting is not an operation on the
file, but on a pointer to that file that is housed in the directory.

> But as I said earlier in this
> thread, I did ensure that the full path had the required permissions too,
> several times even.

Eh?  What are you on about here?  There is no "required permission" on
the full path - you need access to the directory, which means traversal
permission on the path to it, which you have, or you wouldn't be able to
get to it.  Then you need read permission on the directory to read its
contents, and write permission to change that list of contest!  Really,
I wish you would be man enough to own up to a simple misperception of
yours.

> barebone and sluggish, for obvious reasons. At the end, I was able to change
> the file by changing permissions of the path in question to be writable by
> all (temporarily). I am happy to have resolved this.

> Thanks very much for the calm(er) response, Michael.

Oh good grief - another person whose ego is more important to him than
the facts.

Peter