Re: Migrating Palm Tung E data to a Palm T/X?

__/ [ junk1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Monday 03 July 2006 13:12 \__

>> Make a backup of all the older files, just to be on the safe side. Then,
>> uninstall thw software.
>
> ...wont uninstalling the software remove all my dates/contacts etc - I
> thought these were stored under the palm dir?

Yes, but also on your handheld. In any case, see the advice from Jim and Guy.

>> Set the synchronisation conduits to handheld overrides desktop. Again,
>> just make sure you have backups of everything before you begin.
>> Double-check to see that all data and programs have been migrated
>> successfully.
>
> ...handheld overides desktop? Surely dektop should overide handheld as
> the desktop is the thing with the correct info and the handheld needs
> the info?

If the handheld is up-to-date, it should be able to bring the desktop into
the older state. Archives are a different matter though.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "The only source is Open Source"