Re: [News] New French Law Ends Vendor Lockin (Apple DRM)

begin  oe_protect.scr
Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> France approves iTunes rights law
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The bill would mean any digital song could be played on any
>> | player, regardless of its format or source.
>> |
>> | [...]
>> |
>> | Under the bill, companies such as Apple, Sony and Microsoft could be made
>> | to share their proprietary copy-protection systems.
>> `----
>>
>>                 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5133754.stm
>>
>> I find this intersting because the approved bill puts an end to vendor lockin
>> and promotes (even forces) interoperability.
>
> Yay! Go France!
>
> Stuff it up those dirty portugeeze tonight too!

I think France/Italy final, myself, with France most likely to win.
Don't really want to see the winking portugese there...

Barbie says, Take quaaludes in gin and go to a disco right away!
But Ken says, WOO-WOO!!  No credit at "Mr. Liquor"!!