Re: SCO Keeps on Ticking

  • Subject: Re: SCO Keeps on Ticking
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 18:50:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ John Bailo ] on Thursday 06 July 2006 18:28 \__

> Ray Ingles wrote:
>
>>  It does suggest that they aren't an infinite well of cash, though.
>> But I *really* hope SCO decides to keep fighting until the bitter (for
>> them) end. I want some slammin' court precendents.
>
> Exactly!
>
> The upside of this is it removes tons of ambiguity from the marketplace,
> making it easier to move to Linux.

I read the article earlier today. It seems to imply that many commercial
software companies will continue to funnel money into SCO, so long as these
lawsuits serves as a deterrent to prospective Linux migrants. It's a
misfortunate case of FUD through alliances and I'm surprised it's legal.
Given the hidrance it imposes upon Linux, lost investment in SCO can
actually keep software sales up for longer, which pays off. It's like
kicking a corpse to scare your fierce enemies.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |  {Hide sig}    {Show sig}    >{Close Application}<
  6:45pm  up 69 days 23:48,  12 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.00