Re: [News] Microsoft Pulls the Plug on Windows 98, ME Next Month

> Microsoft names Windows 98 and Millennium execution day
>
> 70 million users have to upgrade
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Software giant Microsoft has named the day that Windows 98 and
> Millennium
> | users will no longer have support. On July 11, the two operating
> systems
> | will have their final breakfast before being wiped from Vole's
> support
> | brain.
> `----
>
>                http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32796
>
> The machines will rarely cope with anything like Windows XP or Vista,
> so they
> will either be handed over to Linux users (servers?) or be converted
> Linux for home use.

Not very likely, roy boy!  They simply remain as Win98 machines.  They
have been working OK for 8 years, why bother to change anything.  Nobody
has found any new problems worth fixing for years.  They will run
Windows until the owner grows tired of the machine and tosses it in the
trash.  The new machine will doubtless have Vista pre-installed.  If you
linux fans want to scrounge around in the garbage heap and find some
more boxes to use linux on, you are welcome to them.  You could even
earn some money in my neighborhood if the trash collection company
owners didn't break your kneecaps for horning in on their territory!
LOL!!!