Re: The Gunuine Disadvantage!

__/ [ Ray Ingles ] on Friday 07 July 2006 15:50 \__

> On 2006-07-07, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> WGA is the best thing that has happened for Linux in a while.
>
>  Yup, anything that makes Windows harder to pirate encourages Linux
> adoption. Apparently MS has decided to abandon the market outside the US
> and Europe completely.

They'll probably become selective when it comes to WGA deployment. Look at
how they have (thus far) refused to fight piracy in certain regions. They
prefer to turn a blind eye, or else...

The Microsoft mentality: If ya' got some money, we wants it. No shilling, no
problemo.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Yes, I know, but does it run Linux?"
  4:00pm  up 70 days 21:03,  12 users,  load average: 0.59, 0.91, 0.85