Re: What a Mac advocate in a Linux newsgroup sounds like ....

  • Subject: Re: What a Mac advocate in a Linux newsgroup sounds like ....
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 07:34:54 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Geico Caveman ] on Saturday 08 July 2006 04:10 \__

> ... a VW Golf salesman at Indy 500 telling race car drivers that the Golf
> now runs the same engine as a NASCAR champion car and how Golf is proving
> that cars can run fast.
>
> Oxford among others often farts like that. Having used a Mac (iBook)
> recently for about 20 days of an enforced absence from my Linux laptop, I
> can only describe feelings of being lost, frustrated at times, and yes,
> quite amused at other times. Had it been a windows machine (meaning x86), I
> could have at least popped the Knoppix Live CD I carry on me all the time.
> PowerPC live CD's are available, and I think that after this experience, I
> will burn one and keep that too.
>
> Any Live CD that is hybrid ? Do both power PC and x86 ?

I did a quick search and found only the following (via Wikipedia):

Knoppix MIB ( http://www.bouissou.net/knoppix-mib/doc-html/Knoppix-Mib.html )

Knoppix MIB is a Knoppix based LiveCD with focus on privacy issues.
Features: encrypts personal files to a USB storage device,
automatically encrypts all data used on a hard drive swap space,
automatic mount of persistent home directory at boot up,
postfix MTA with TLS encryption, preconfigured with provided generic
certificates, automatic restoration of optional custom system configuration,
without needing to type specific boot parameters.

    * Homepage: http://www.bouissou.net/knoppix-mib/doc-html/Knoppix-Mib.html
    * Platform: X86, PowerPC

http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Customizations

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd 3-D Othello: http://othellomaster.com
Cpu(s):  19.9% user,   3.5% system,  15.3% nice,  61.4% idle