Re: EU commissioner says Microsoft fine inevitable

  • Subject: Re: EU commissioner says Microsoft fine inevitable
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 08:09:04 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 07 July 2006 22:40 \__

http://today.reuters.com/stocks/QuoteCompanyNewsArticle.aspx?view=CN&storyID=2006-07-06T084544Z_01_L06884592_RTRIDST_0_EU-MICROSOFT-UPDATE-1.XML&rpc=66

> I expect MS will attempt to offer vouchers for schools or some other
> such worthless nonsense as they've been able to get away with in the US.
> Hopefully the EU systems will not be so overtly corrupt.

This is so true and I can't believe that it hasn't crossed anybody's mind (or
echoed through one's mouth), yet. I believe that there was only *one* state
in America that refused to accept that insult. I can only recall that it
involved a female Governor (or other decision-making position). Even IBM
accepted a multi-million voucher deal from Microsoft in order to drop a
court case. That was less than a year ago.

Here's an analogy, but you might have to think laterally: a person is sued
for corporal damage permits the plaintiff to have the whip and drop the
charges. Even think of the nuclear war-type dilemma (or Prisoner's dilemma
in game theory).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
  8:00am  up 71 days 13:03,  12 users,  load average: 0.56, 0.50, 0.61