Re: [News] A Collection of Erroneous Error Messages

__/ [ Paul Hovnanian P.E. ] on Thursday 20 July 2006 04:37 \__

> spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>> > Among many others. The problem with GNU/Linux messages is that they are
>> > often /too/ informative (technical/jargon).
>>
>> There are still some good ones though, if you know where to look,
>
> http://www.plinko.net/asdfgh
>
> Take a look at http://www.plinko.net/404/ for some other ideas.

I still have some gripes with SUSE/KDE dialogues where I am faced with a
yes/no question and the buttons say "OK" and "Cancer" or "Accept" and
"Abort". It's like the dialogue are not built to fit the scenario (gross
re-use), At least they are not self contradicting, so common sense helps.