Re: Working with Linux is a dream

flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 02:38:37 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> SuSE is quite suitable, if not optimal, for dual-head settings (sorry to
>> be excluding other distros from this argument). It's also dual-aware,
>> unlike other platforms you might find. Ubuntu, on the other hand, needs
>> an extra module to support multi-head displays.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Roy
>

> Too bad it barfed on my Nvidia FX5500....
>
> Windows XP works fine, allows me to drag between desktops and configure
> each desktop etc.
>
> Suse?
>
> It died...

you installed the NVidia driver according to the instructions?
restarted X after running the update?
Configured it correctly?

Then the only reason it failed was because you have faulty hardware. Look
between your processor and the VGA output on your GeForce 5.
--
When all else fails...
Use a hammer.

http://www.dotware.co.uk