Re: Linux developers exceed in numbers above Windoze developers

__/ [ thad01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 18 July 2006 14:04 \__

>> For  what it's worth, I read that somewhere as well. I can't
>> recall  how  it was counted, but an argument was made  which
>> implied  that  Linux  developers outnumber  or  _will  soon_
>> outnumber  Windows developers. The place where I read it was
>> reliable. It wasn't a podcast.
>
> If true, it is in large measure because of the open nature of
> the tools.  Cross platform and free does not hurt.
>
> Thad

Think of it as citizen journalism before free blogging tools (or services)
came about. Think about people's reading habits, authorship and the
distribution of site popularity across the Net before 100 million blogs
emerges. Making open tools available (e.g. gcc, bash, Perl) may, in due
turn, allow our parents to write some simple scripts that will improve their
productivity, arouse their curiosity, and solve their problems. It's the
equivalent of expressing oneself. Speaking of blogs, India has just joined
China in blocking (using firewalls) of blogs.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics