Re: [News] Resistance to Indonesian Open Source Policy

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 18 July 2006 09:52 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> IBM, Micorosoft protest Indonesia's open source policy
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft said that Indonesian government's support to the open
>> | source application could threat market of informatic technology
>> | (IT) software produced by some US IT giant companies such as
>> | Microsoft, IBM, and Oracle.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.antara.co.id/en/seenws/?id=16383
>
> LOL! Yes, that's the whole point.
>
> Here's a tissue; dry yer eyes, Billy Boy.

Someone  told  me that Microsoft sort of spoke on behalf  of
the  other  companies and claimed that having no licence  is
illegal.  They tries to portray the PGL as though it was  no
valid  licence. Again I must stress that I have not read the
article  in  depth,  but  this is  what  I  understood  from
somebody  who did. Microsoft is FUD'ing its way to the bank,
but  it  sees  its business going away  as  more  businesses
retract  and  revoke  licence  that  stood  for  many  years
(serving as a perpetual cash cow). We'll be seeing many more
stories as such, I suspect... on a /national/ level.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 111111 X 111111 = 12345654321
roy      pts/0        cg001a.halls.man Tue Jul 18 13:08   still logged in