Re: Google i'm feeling lucky html

__/ [ wilbobaggins@xxxxxxxxx ] on Sunday 16 July 2006 12:18 \__

> I would like to add the i'm feeling lucky search to a webpage i am
> making, strictly to return the quickest results of a certain website, i
> have found out how to add a google search to my webpage and was
> wondering if there is a snippet of code that i could enter into my
> webpage that would load the quickest result straight away rather than
> multi clicking my way to where i want to be.
> Thanks.

As  far as I know it is not possible. The furthest you go do
involves  tailoring  the  looks of the  results  (customised
colours  and  such).  Search  results  pages  are   Google's
opportunity to shove in some sponsored link. Google will not
permit  you  to just use it as a transparent layer, even  if
you cite it and include an logo/image (Google Video comes to
mind). Again, I am not entirely sure about this, but I never
came  across the "I'm feeling lucky feature" outside  Google
main  page.  I often wish that Google included it  in  their
SERP's, too. To me, this would lead to better usability.

Best wishes,

Programmer: a device to convert coffee beans into code (Paul Erdos slant)
 12:20pm  up 79 days 17:23,  12 users,  load average: 0.65, 1.06, 0.95