Re: Scripting apps to appear on different desktops

  • Subject: Re: Scripting apps to appear on different desktops
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 12:02:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
__/ [ ne... ] on Tuesday 11 July 2006 13:02 \__

> On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 at 08:53 GMT, Jorge Mataleo eloquently wrote:
>> I'd like to be able to specify which of my virtual desktops an app appears
>> on, from a shell script/bash prompt- i.e. in "pseudo-script"
>>
>>   #!/bin/bash
>>
>>   set_desktop_3
>>   nohup firefox &
>>
>> ...and if I ran the above from virtual desktop 1, the Firefox window would
>> appear on virtual desktop 3.
>>
>> Possible with KDE?
> kstart --help
>
> HTH
> N.Emile...

Hi,

Does  that have to be done from a script? There is an easier
way  to  achieve  this, assuming the command line is  not  a
necessity . You can assign applications to workspaces (among
other  things)  by  going  to advanced options  of  a  given
instance  of that application (open conext menu in title bar
to find it).