Re: [News] Wiki Appliance Supports Linux

begin  oe_protect.scr
> MindTouch Releases Linux Supported Wiki Appliance
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Compatible with mixed network environments including Windows, OS X and
>| Linux, MindTouch MOS is offered as a complete, bundled solution and can
>| be installed in minutes without onsite IT support.
> `----
>
>                         http://linux.sys-con.com/read/246321.htm
>
> Not sure why Wikis would need a dedicated appliance, but...

I guess it's just speed of deployment for the non-tech-savvy.
Interestingly, MS always claimed that they would make computing
inexpensive by having an easy-to-manage server, NT.  It turned out that
managing NT is one of the most complex and difficult challenges anyone
has ever faced in the computing world, whereas Linux is proving
exceptionally easy to manage.

One of the disadvantages of having children is that they eventually get old
enough to give you presents they make at school.
		-- Robert Byrne