Re: Kororra XGL, interesting

  • Subject: Re: Kororra XGL, interesting
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:16:54 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 13 July 2006 00:23 \__

> Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@xxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>>> Still didn't run "right out of the box" on my E-Machines T6216. No
>>> audio, no networking, default video mode unable to display. Did
>>> ctrl+alt+F5 back to a tty and ran fixme to start a GUI. Surprised to see
>>> that XGL was running.
>>>
>>> Question: What distro includes NVidia NForce support, APCI compiled into
>>> the kernel, and XGL? I think I'm gunna install it and get things working
>>> since I'm off work after having some foot surgery.
>>>
>>> BTW I've got 10 years background in linux building my first Slackware 3.1
>>> box back in 96 and currently running a Redhat 8 box for a storage / proxy
>>> / router server.
>
>> XGL is awesome! But what is the purpose of your question?
>
> I think he wants a cd bootable live distro that has nforce built in.

Whichever distro it may be, this will probably be a GPL violation. I made
suggestions before, but I am saddened to see they were no good... I know
that SLED 10 (RC3 free download) can install NVidia drivers at ease. Here'e
a shot:

http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/SLED10:_Configuring_and_Using_Desktop_Effects_(Xgl)