Re: SLED Rocks!!

  • Subject: Re: SLED Rocks!!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 00:54:24 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
__/ [ Chris Cox ] on Wednesday 12 July 2006 00:18 \__

> Serfico wrote:
>> Just installed it, joined an SBS domain in a snap, truly magical work by
>> Novell. The beginning of a new era??
>>

> Maybe just me... but I've always found this to be "a snap".

Other than polish and some improvements/addons for GNOME (e.g. setting
control, menus, XGL wrappage), I fail to see what SLED can offer than
standard SUSE (of the OpenSUSE community) cannot. Some different packages
are included though. Also needs less tinkering/hacking for all I know...

The new era will be reached when perceptions in the public mind change.
Desktop Linux has been ready for ages, only to be hindered by stubborn
proprietary software and hardware that snub Linux.