Re: [News] Linux Partitioning Tools Getting Simpler

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Tuesday 11 July 2006 23:58 \__

> On Tuesday 11 July 2006 22:45 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ B Gruff ] on Tuesday 11 July 2006 22:36 \__

>>> Well, beware ....
>>> "For example, staff can use the bootable CD-ROM version simply by copying
>>> one ISO file to a blank CD-ROM and rebooting their PC with that disk"
>>>
>>> Copying???:-)
>>
>> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Free software is a matter of the users' freedom to run, copy,
>
> (snip)
> Yep - I'm not objecting to the fact that it can be copied, Roy.
> Just trying to distinguish between copying and burning an image from an ISO
> file:-)

Yes, I know. I just thought it was worth emphasising the advantage of
sharing, especially in the context of systems distribution. Restricting
copies is like taxing traffic on the Web (particularly the nodes) or DRM'ing
perfectly interpretable data. It's robbery of Freedom by eliminating
freedom: speech, comminication, etc.