Re: [News] Success and Gripes with Ubuntu Linux

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 11 Jul 2006 04:46:02 +0100
<1706299.89Jbdh2ePz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> A challenge for Linux developers
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | FOR the last few weeks, I've been running Ubuntu Linux on my home
> | computer. Windows XP is still there, sitting on a separate partition of
> | my hard disk, but I hardly fire it up these days because I like Ubuntu
> | and want to learn more about how it works.
> |
> | As I wrote last month, Ubuntu is one of the most user-friendly
> | distributions of Linux I've used to date, installing painlessly from just
> | one CD. Two weeks ago, I successfully completed seven common tasks that
> | I normally did on Windows XP--create documents, browse the Web, getnew
> | software and install it, download files, play music and video files,
> | burn CDs and print.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | This, I told Ubuntu booster Dave Asuncion, is a challenge that local
> | Linux developers could take on and represents an opportunity to really
> | make a difference. Make networking and printing on Ubuntu easy and simple
> | and more people will use it.
> `----
>
>         http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=business06_july11_2006

I'm not sure what "networking" is in this context, but
printing's darned simple to a network print server using
CUPS on Gentoo (I expect Ubuntu to be similar).

The main issue is that I have to reconfigure every 3
months because my Windows domain password changes every
3 months.  :-P

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.