Re: [News] Success and Gripes with Ubuntu Linux

__/ [ Ray Ingles ] on Tuesday 11 July 2006 15:14 \__

> On 2006-07-11, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>| Make networking and printing on Ubuntu easy and simple
>>| and more people will use it.
>
>  Printing and scanning was trivial to set up (as in, it just worked
> after install) for our HP PSC 3210xi. I use ssh for much of my file
> copies so perhaps I'm not average, but networking in general was pretty
> easy to set up for my Atheros-based wifi card.
>
>  I'm not denying that there is difficult hardware out there, and
> certainly people do run into issue. I just want to make the point for
> the record that the problems aren't universal.

Provided that the vendor cooperates with the Linux community, printing setup
in Ubuntu is on par (if not better then) with Windows, especially when it
comes to intuitiveness.

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/printing_ubuntu

        ( One among several similar overviews that demonstrate the
          usability improvements)

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Spam enchanted evening..."
Cpu(s):  20.1% user,   3.5% system,  14.6% nice,  61.7% idle