Re: E-Mail Cluster Bombs

  • Subject: Re: E-Mail Cluster Bombs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:55:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 27 July 2006 12:21 \__

> You're probably giving the trolls ideas to use against Roy S.  They've
> already impersonated him.

...And just an hour later flatfish posted. I am surprised that so many people
have not yet realised that "yttrx" is flatfish with a nym that's a name of a
former COLA participant. Several times in other high-volume thread this was
even made apparent. Two or three new nyms (sock puppets) were created
yesterday, so it's hard to keep up.

__/ [ Mathew P. ] on Thursday 27 July 2006 12:00 \__

> I found this interesting. It is a Distributed Denial of service
> attack, but with a new twist. Take a look:
>
> http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/1213.html

Yes, but what does that have to do with Linux? Apart from the fact that
/Windows/ zombies have always made this possible. SPAM and DDOS attacks have
nearly collapsed my shared server in the past. I spent whole days filtering
traffic to keep things going and had to ask the Boss for some time off.