Re: Thunderbird sentmail

  • Subject: Re: Thunderbird sentmail
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:29:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
__/ [ Jacek K. B?aszkowski ] on Wednesday 26 July 2006 00:16 \__

> Et circa horam Tuesday 25 Jul 2006 23:20, clamavit John Bailo:
>

>> Is it possible to get Thunderbird or KMail to download "Sent Mail" that
>> was sent through my webmail?
>>
>> So I would keep the record on my local PC?
> Not exactly a SUSE question. Anyway, what kind of webmail app it is? Maybe
> you can just copy/move the mail to your Inbox in webmail and use access it
> with TB or KMail via POP3. Or, if your mail server supports IMAP, then you
> probably can easily access all your mail folders this way.
>
> Regards, jkb.

* BCC all mail to self (many Web-based applications will provide this
option).

* Set up a filter in Thunderbird: if <from>="John Bailo" (or "John A Bailo",
or whatever you call yourself in COLA in oder to avoid killfiles) then <mark
as read> AND <move to> Sent. That should achieve what you want permanently.
Test it once to see that it works. If it works once, nothing can go wrong.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | #FFFFFFF4 ADD &R1, "9999999", &BankAccount
Mem:    514480k total,   474512k used,    39968k free,    27372k buffers