Re: [News] High Altitude Balloon Runs GNU/Linux

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 25 July 2006 23:08 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Here's the very lastest among the projects. More appear at the top pane.
>>
>>                 http://www.pegasushabproject.org.uk/pegasus3.html
>
> Excellent - some real science, done with real open information models,
> as proper science should be.

I  do  all research with free open source software with  the
exception  of MATLAB for Linux, which is proprietary. I  was
once  told  that it had been written in C, but it is  'look,
but do not touch' (or redistribute), which is counter to the
aim of science and exploration.