Re: Who Owns Your Computer?

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 25 July 2006 22:59 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ Jim ] on Tuesday 25 July 2006 19:06 \__

>>> Glad I jumped that boat.
>>> So when people start complaining that their virgin XP/SP3/Vista installs
>>> are fucking around, my stock answer will be: "Not my problem. You decided
>>> you wanted M$cumware, you can live with it and suffer or for a tenner
>>> I'll give you a DVD with Linux on it and you can forget about M$cumware
>>> forever."
>>
>> Jim, we're on the same brainwave here. If only more people were 101%
>> Microsoft-free...
>
> I think I could settle for 99.9 :-)

8*5/1000=0.04 hours=1/25 hours per week=~two minutes per week

I guess this equates to some Web hosts' average downtime. I think we can
challenge that. I used Windows for 5 minutes in the past 3 months. Unless
projection facilities (i.e. press spacebar) counts as "use", which is
passive.