Re: Croatia government goes Open Source

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 22 July 2006 18:21 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ B Gruff ] on Friday 21 July 2006 21:41 \__

>>> I can't help with that, but I do know where the LXer readers are:-
>>>
>>> http://www.frappr.com/lxercom
>>
>> I  was looking at Wikipedia yesterday. Source a page  exists
>> which  contains  a list of companies acquired by  Microsoft,
>> perhaps  a  suitable stub can be created for countries  that
>> embrace   Open   Source   (linked   from   Linux   or   Open
>> Source-related  pages).  Then,  I  can  probably  filter  my
>> outgoing mail box and extract links. Any thoughts?
>>

> Roy - that's bordering on a stroke of genuis!  Why create a new wiki
> when there's a perfectly good one already there...  let's go for it!

Google PageRank 8 at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_source

Created link/stub for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_government-_and_business-level_migrations_to_open_source

changelog:

+added line: [[List of government- and business-level migrations to open
source ]]

Added some initial content to page.

Let's extend it gradually. Other Wikipedians will probably help if not vote
for the removal of the page (these pages are always candidates for quick
deletion if they are found to be unsatisfactory or irrelevant. I think we
can in due time gain a link to this page from [Wikipedia on "GNU" or
"Linux"]

It covers just a few days worth. It look like a misfit and it's rather gross,
so I want to see if it gets deleted before we go further. Here's what I have
at the moment:

{{db-empty}}

{{hangon}}  <- That's me requesting some time, to be earned before veto.

Note: This page is a stub, created July 22nd, 2006. Please permit it to be
extended and tidied up, in due time (reverse-chronological).

* Oracle (Linux with more than 80% market share) - July 2006 [1]

* The Dutch municipality of Groningen (180.000 inhabitants) - OpenOffice
migration in July 2006 [2]

* The Croatian Government - decision on migration to Open Source in July 2006
[3]

* The United Nations - reports on extensive use of Open Source software [4]

* [...]

!!External Links

[1] http://www.evolvingtimes.co.uk/technologies/linux/index.html

[2]