Re: Analysts Skeptic Over Microsoft's Spendings

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Analysts Seek Microsoft Spending Details
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The demand at Microsoft Corp.'s annual meeting of financial analysts
> | next week won't be so much to "show me the money" as to "show me what
> | you're doing with the money."
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | One big challenge for Microsoft is the growing market for software that
> | is available, either free or via paid subscriptions, over the Internet.
> | These products, which people are using for such tasks as checking
> | e-mail and managing business relationships, could eventually
> | threaten Microsoft's two cash cows, Windows and Office, which are
> | primarily bound to desktop computers.
> `----
>
> http://www.newsday.com/technology/wire/sns-ap-microsoft-analysts,0,2254090.story?coll=sns-ap-technology-headlines
>
> Microsoft's profits were down in their last report, due to increased
> spendings.

I love your spin on things... just love it.

Microsoft experienced double digit revenue growth YOY.  Also, the
business unit *and* mobile unit experienced profits for the first time.

In other words, MS is kicking ass again and growing strong.

Yes, they increased spending - mostly to be able to meet the extremely
strong demand for XBOX 360 units - this will more than pay itself back
in the form of game royalties.

Try again.