[News] Analysts Skeptic Over Microsoft's Spendings

Analysts Seek Microsoft Spending Details

,----[ Quote ]
| The demand at Microsoft Corp.'s annual meeting of financial analysts
| next week won't be so much to "show me the money" as to "show me what
| you're doing with the money."
|
| [...]
|
| One big challenge for Microsoft is the growing market for software that
| is available, either free or via paid subscriptions, over the Internet.
| These products, which people are using for such tasks as checking
| e-mail and managing business relationships, could eventually
| threaten Microsoft's two cash cows, Windows and Office, which are
| primarily bound to desktop computers.
`----

http://www.newsday.com/technology/wire/sns-ap-microsoft-analysts,0,2254090.story?coll=sns-ap-technology-headlines

Microsoft's profits were down in their last report, due to increased
spendings.