Re: The Words of a DRM Idiot

  • Subject: Re: The Words of a DRM Idiot
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 05:10:45 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 31 May 2006 20:58 \__

> I don't know anything about this columnist, but his general trend
> (acknowlege the virtues of some things in the FOSS world, then proceed
> with gross exaggeration and distortion) certainly follows recent
> Microsoft propaganda.  Plus you know that MS wants to use the recent
> demonstrations against DRM to paint the FOSS world as a bunch of
> extremists.  So I'm sure MS is happy with this guy even if they aren't
> paying him.  Admittedly Stallman is an easy target.
>
> Personally I suspect that the world will never be completely locked in
> by DRM schemes, since there are too many technical ways around it and
> the world is too big (too many different countries with different laws
> etc).  It will, however, be an obnoxious feature in our lives for some
> time to come.

...Not in my life. You see, the 'pleasant' *cough* thing about DRM is that
rarely can 'they' enforce it upon you. Data accessible only through DRM? No
problem. I'll take my business elsewhere. My data is unshackles as well,
which saves me money and grants me freedom (of choice as well as price).

The exception might be family and friend, whom you are hoping yo help and
sometimes rely on.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Falsity implies anything
  5:05am  up 34 days 11:37,  9 users,  load average: 1.52, 1.25, 1.04