Re: Ballmer Defends Spending; MSFT Drop Continues

__/ [ asj ] on Thursday 01 June 2006 03:57 \__

> flatfish+++ wrote:
>>
>> "IBM recommend Linux to their clients."
>>
>> Really?
>>
>> Telling lies again Roy?
>>
>> http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/intellistation/index.html
>>
>> IBM recommends Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional.
>>
>> It's splattered all over the IBM PC Company web pages.
>>
>> Oh sure, you can find Linux mentioned but you really have to dig for it.
>
> It's a primary directory ;-)
> http://www-1.ibm.com/linux/
>
> IBM is mostly OS-agnostic, but they tend to lean towards Linux when
> they can in order to weaken Microsoft.

IBM are moving their clients to Linux and Open Source, over time. This was
made obvious when I attended a talk delivered by an IBM VC. There is a darn
good reason why Microsoft invested 0.5 billion dollars in the explicit
purpose which is to tackle IBM.

IBM are not a naive company. They will not be bullied without responding.
Such migration, as opposed to retaliation for spite, is in its strategic
agenda.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
  4:10am  up 34 days 10:42,  11 users,  load average: 0.63, 1.05, 1.23