Re: [News] Microsoft SQL Server Dumped -- Not Scalable

  • Subject: Re: [News] Microsoft SQL Server Dumped -- Not Scalable
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 04:20:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Kelsey Bjarnason ] on Wednesday 31 May 2006 20:46 \__

> [snips]
>
> On Wed, 31 May 2006 14:08:41 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> NextAction dumps Microsoft for Oracle and open source
>> | immediately told him that Microsoft's SQL Server and Windows Server
>> | operating system simply couldn't meet the ever-increasing demands of
>> | his firm's homegrown database modeling applications.
>> `----
>
> Funny that; ISTR someone, just this last week, harping on about how SQL
> Server beats the hell out of everything from dBASE to the mind of God.

I heard it elswhere, several times before: Microsoft's SQL Server is
amateurish, much like the rest of the software from Microsoft. It's
blindness to the competitition that leaves people clueless. They often
choose Microsoft software because "it's there", i.e. in Windows. Take WMV
(Windows Video Maker), Office, and Outlook Express for example.

Here is a benchmark of interest:

http://www.builderau.com.au/architect/database/soa/Road_test_Four_databases_tested/0,39024547,39224962,00.htm

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: A dragonfly only lives for one day
  4:15am  up 34 days 10:47,  11 users,  load average: 0.21, 0.56, 0.97