Re: Two domains, one content

__/ [ nstrelar@xxxxxx ] on Friday 02 June 2006 11:30 \__

> I am a biginer in webmastering in Croatia (hr).
> I have a firm that has one name,
> and I am an exclusive distributor for another firm's products.
> I've opend a domain by the name of my firm,
> and one by the name of the firm which products i distribute (becouse
> they sugested it).
> Non of them are active yet.
> I have (for now) onely one content for one domain.
> What do you sugest that I do?
> (redirect,duplicate content, new content on other domain or something
> else)

* Don't duplicate.

* If redirection is chosen, there will be no true gain, but make sure the
redirection goes towards the domain name that contains your key words or
better represents the product/company, from a (human) client's point of
view.

* Separation of content and assignment of pages to each site separately is an
intersting possibility, which, if I were in your showed, I would go for.
There were scenario where I split a domain to 'child' domains, redirecting
from the old location in the process. The main drawback I can think of it
iability to seamlessly edit multiple domains. You often have to duplicate
effort.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
 11:40am  up 35 days 18:12,  11 users,  load average: 1.05, 1.30, 1.29