Re: Adobe-Microsoft Antitrust Lawsuit?

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Saturday 03 June 2006 01:03 \__
>
> > On 2006-06-02, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted
> > something concerning:
> >
> >> Several vendors have already stepped up to support OpenXML, such as Corel
> >
> > You mean the company that used to sell linux products and stopped after
> > an illegally-maintained monopoly bought them off?
> >
> > http://open.itworld.com/4917/LWD001012corel/page_1.html
>

> Microsoft also used Corel as a dummy for the ratification of another
> 'standard': .NET. Microsoft paid for the entire thing, orchestrating the
> development of some inferior 'product', made by a puppet on thin strings in
> order to subvert the legal system. How _ON EARTH_ can anyone permit this? Is
> the world _BLIND_?

Roy - I'm beging to think that you might have a screw loose here.  MS
didn't use Corel as "dummy" in anything.  Rotor is a free shared sorce
reference implementation of the ECMA/ISO standard.  MS hired Corel to
develop it, because the Working Group wanted to make sure that the
standard was not tied to a specific platform and that it could be
implemented from the technical specifications by a 3rd party.  There is
nothing nefarious going on here...

--
Tom Shelton