Re: Google is playing - i'm giving up

__/ [ webseoguy ] on Monday 05 June 2006 13:20 \__

> Google is having some serious problems with their latest couple of
> updates.
>
> 1) The site: operator has been broken several times.
> 2) Sites are losing their pages and getting them back 24 hours later
> due to testing. Google stated that the problem did not exist, but in
> April and May said that it was fixed.
> 3) Graywolf reported that Google was showing content from the wrong
> domain name on a shared server. Matt Cutts said this was due to a
> misconfigured, old webserver and that they are working on repairing
> this bug.
> 4) Then there is the rumor of Google's machines being full that Google
> denies.
>
> My advice is to let it ride and DO NOT fret about or make any major
> changes to your web site until this is all sorted out.
>
> Google has been made aware of the recent problems and are working on
> them.

That is some very useful and encouraging set of speculations/observations.
Thanks for that. I never knew about (3), but it appears to explain the 404
errors in some results pages. As for (4), Google adamantly deny it. I
believe it all started in The Reg and then grew wings.

Best wishes and thanks for the heads-up,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Avoid missing ball for higher score"
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  1:35pm  up 38 days 19:08,  11 users,  load average: 2.35, 2.39, 2.21