Re: Two statistics

  • Subject: Re: Two statistics
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 03:00:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Big Bill ] on Tuesday 06 June 2006 23:43 \__

> On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 00:22:13 +0200, Per-Erik Skramstad
> <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Big Bill wrote:

>>> Which are?
>>
>>Details in StatCounter not showing, fx visitor paths, recent keyword
>>activity etc. Summary shows fine, though.
>
> I can't see why they'd interfere. Where do you have the respective
> codes, in which parts of the file?

I don't know StatCounter, but I imagine it's JavaScript-based. These two
statistics XSS functions are totally independent. There is no (easy) way for
Google to detect the presense of another service, and vice versa. That is
unless, of course, they parse JavaScript in the page to see if competitors
are included. My guess is that StatCounter are having some problems at the
moment and you are jumping to the wrong conclusions. I may be wrong, but I
think it's just paranoia.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Every beginning must start somewhere
  2:55am  up 40 days  8:28,  11 users,  load average: 1.38, 0.88, 0.53