Re: Two statistics

__/ [ Per-Erik Skramstad ] on Wednesday 07 June 2006 10:27 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> I don't know StatCounter, but I imagine it's JavaScript-based. These two
>> statistics XSS functions are totally independent. There is no (easy) way
>> for Google to detect the presense of another service, and vice versa. That
>> is unless, of course, they parse JavaScript in the page to see if
>> competitors are included. My guess is that StatCounter are having some
>> problems at the moment and you are jumping to the wrong conclusions.
>
> Roy: You are right. Statcounter had problems the day I installed the
> GoogleAnalytics code.

Remember that these scripts will always be 'blind' to visitors that disallow
scripts (this happens to include myself). This leads to underestimation, as
well as slowdowns (especially if you have /two/).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |  {Hide sig}    {Show sig}    >{Close Application}<
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
 11:35am  up 40 days 17:08,  11 users,  load average: 2.84, 1.64, 1.78