Re: Microsoft: The Barry Bonds of high tech

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 06 June 2006 22:22 \__

> Quote:
> --------------
> No matter what they do, a lot of people seem to think an  alternative
> to the universal JPEG format is a good idea. They just wish it wasn't
> coming from Microsoft.
> bonds
>
> Knee-jerk criticism, and even downright hatred, of Microsoft has
> softened in the last couple of years thanks to Google's ascension
> toward world domination. But bloggers and News.com readers indicate
> that some things--namely skepticism toward anything Microsoft does--may
> never change.
>
> Ultimately, Microsoft may end up being the Barry Bonds of technology:
> No matter what the company does, it may never be trusted.

Past experience suggests that it is the _one and only_ attitude to embrace. I
never trusted them when they killed Netscape. I never trust them when they
'extend' their protocols and refuse communication with other servers. To
name just _a few_ things....

> End quote
>
> http://news.com.com/2061-11199_3-6079011.html

CNET are idiots who are funded by Microsoft. They post promotional Microsoft
articles and they advertise much of Microsoft's work. I would be stunned if
they (along with their affiliate ZDNet) were never paid by Microsoft to
deliver biased content. They are good at getting scoops though, which is why
I syndicate their site...