Re: [News] Windows Vista Drops ANOTHER Feature

__/ [ Rob Hughes ] on Thursday 08 June 2006 13:49 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "While PC-to-PC sync is a great feature that improves productivity
>> | and collaboration we don't have it at the quality level our
>> | customers demand," Microsoft said Wednesday in a statement.
>> `----
>>

> http://news.com.com/2100-1016_3-6081232.html?part=rss&tag=6081232&subj=news
>
> Translation: it compiled, but it won't run.

It's probably just too buggy and they can't have it mended on time. The
releases are, as usual, dealdine-driven, so there is a cost. This time,
however, even deadlines are being bended like 5 times, quite wildly so,
without any fruit.

When you said "it won't run", a light lit.

,----[ Quote ]
| "It's not going to work," Mr. Allchin says he told the Microsoft chairman.
| The new version, code-named Longhorn, was so complex its writers would
| never be able to make it run properly.
`----

That was just 9 months ago.

http://online.wsj.com/article/0,,SB112743680328349448,00.html?mod=todays_us_page_one

> Ignorance is a condition. Stupidity is a way of life.

And Ignorance is Bliss. Most Vista users will be unaware of the feature being
dropped, let alone its initial promise to prospective customers.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> sudo root; cd /; rm -rf *.doc
  1:55pm  up 41 days 19:28,  10 users,  load average: 1.54, 1.14, 0.71