Re: Loosing Cached Pages from Google

  • Subject: Re: Loosing Cached Pages from Google
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 17:29:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Big Bill ] on Thursday 08 June 2006 11:24 \__

> On 8 Jun 2006 02:05:55 -0700, "smart" <smart_outsourcing@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>Dear All,
>>   I have a web site: http://www.webservicesfree.com which is up for
>>more than 2 months. Google used to cache about 29 pages but now is
>>caching only 8 (using site: operator). MSN seems to cache most of the
>>site!!!. Please tell me why
>>
>>thank you
>>linkmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>http://www.webservicesfree.com
>
> A tale we hear from all over. It may be because the site genuinely has
> problems, or it may be because Google has problems (it does, we know).
> So you have to hang in for a bit or get someone to do a study of  your
> pages.

< "site:" operator is broken > is possibility one, which leaves me somewhat
skeptic, based on observations.

I notice that some of my smallish sites lose cached pages, much like your own
site. Nobody knows the exact reason and whether this is permanent, but if
you look at some of the recent dicussions (=threads) in the groups, you will
find all the speculations.

Oh! And Google is, in general, out of hand. The engineers are still trying to
(re-)tame the monstrous algorithms, which have gone AWOL.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    X-No-Archive: No. Stand behind what you say
  5:25pm  up 41 days 22:58,  10 users,  load average: 0.33, 0.58, 0.96