Re: See *The COLA Gang* Spring Into Action!!

  • Subject: Re: See *The COLA Gang* Spring Into Action!!
  • From: "nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 8 Jun 2006 10:37:23 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Dear Flat:

1.  If Roy has done something illegal or improper, he should make
amends.  To me it sounds like pretty small stuff.

2.  I agree with Kier, I didn't think Erik would stoop so low.  He (and
you) is much more effective when he debates facts and issues.  This
just discredits him.

3.  Roy has transformed this newsgroup, and made it a much more
pleasant experience.  The worst part has been the anonymous, ugly-name
posters (you know who I'm talking about).  They're still there, but are
easier to ignore because of Roy.

4.  This attack on Roy smells strongly like you and Erik coordinated
it.  In the past there has been some suspicious coordination between
Erik and the ugly-name posters.

5.  If you don't like what Roy posts, why don't you post something
similar?  Like references to studies, articles, blogs etc that reflect
your point of view?  You've done a little of that but not much.  It's
obvious you're character-assassinating Roy because you don't like his
message.

6.  The accusation that Roy is a paid astroturfer is really the limit.
To me the amazing thing is how you guys have such extensive knowledge
of both Windows and Linux, and how you find time to comb through a
thousand distributions looking for flaws.  That takes a lot more time
than Roy has expended on his posts.  Who's paying your bills?  And who
do you think is paying Roy's bills?