Re: relation between indexing and ranking

__/ [ xptomarketing@xxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 08 June 2006 22:35 \__

> Hello.
>
> I have this website that has product reviews. In main page i always
> have two or 3 reviews.
>
> The site is made in php/mysql and the page that has the product reviews
> has the keywords in the title.
>
> However when i checked in google my site keyword, i could only found
> the reviews of the 3 products in homepage.
>
> I tought that since google spiders all site (and it does spiders a lot,
> more than any other, and most my visitors come from google), and since
> my keyword is in every review page, my site would appear many times,
> for each page review product....but no, only appears for the 3 product
> with reviews in homepage.

You must be the sufferer of the most recent Google bug. See, for example, the
6 links in this post:

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/06/02/googles-big-daddy/

I believe that people in this newsgroup have been finding it tedious to
provide the same explanations dozens of times. You can find more information
in older threads.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd Othello: http://othellomaster.com
  7:25am  up 42 days 12:58,  10 users,  load average: 0.41, 0.76, 0.87