Re: How to Customise SuSE to Become the Perfect Operating System

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Saturday 10 June 2006 01:19 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Making SUSE Linux 10.1 the perfect desktop OS
>>
>> http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/17367.html
>> http://desktoplinux.com/articles/AT7527984757.html
>
> Thanks, Roy, I'm currently running SUSE 9.1 and planning to upgrade to
> 10.1, and was getting ready to do a search on the proprietary software
> that is useful.  This is exactly what I needed.

I think I might upgrade myself. I have 2 SuSE boxes, which I am extremely
happy with. One of them, which is still at version 8.1 (circa 2002), does
merely anything that I do with the latest. Some features are missing
however, e.g. no 'mouse wheel changes virtual desktops', no ability to force
application binding to particular virtual desktops, no Compviz/XGL etc.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "This sig seemed like a good idea at the time..."
  3:55am  up 43 days  9:28,  10 users,  load average: 1.02, 1.04, 1.28