Re: Roy Schestowitz - Pirate

On 2006-06-08, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 06:29:04 +0000 (UTC), High Plains Thumper wrote:
>
>> Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>>
>>> So, it appears that Roy is using images on his blog that he
>>> has wholesale copied from the authors without permission.
>>>
>>> I noticed this on this article:
>>>
>>> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/03/03/scoble-giv
>>> en-up/
>>
>> <SNIP>
>>
>>> In any event, I have to wonder how many other images on his
>>> site have been similarly misappropriated.  Many of them
>>> have no credits at all.
>>
>> Which images?
>
> For example:
>
> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/06/06/666-devils-day/
>
> What's the source of that image?

Have you looked at the image? You know, comments, strings, signature,
any of that? I'm looking at it now.

How do you know he didn't come by it from another soure, perhaps one
that had it listed as free to use?

What I find interesting is this.

Flatface admits taking Mandrake home, copying and distributing it and
taking it back for a refund. What did Erik F. have to say about that at
the time?

Flatso admitted claiming an entitlement to XP Corp because of doing
some contract work for someone that had a license for it. This is
clearly not within the license. Did Erik F. make a peep when that was
mentioned?

How about Aquila Whatsisface (was D2001/2/3/4x something or other)
always admitting theft, looking for cracks, etc? Has Erik F. so much as
made a whimper?

Good show, Erik. People admit stealing and that's OK. But someone you
decide to have heartburn over does something you can't even prove is
theft and you bust a blood vessel.

About what I've come to expect, though.

--
We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has
powerful muscles, but no personality.