Re: Native Linux Games CANNOT RUN!!!

  • Subject: Re: Native Linux Games CANNOT RUN!!!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 04:30:02 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[groups reduced]

__/ [ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 08 June 2006 21:35 \__

> Aquila Deus <aquila.deus@xxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>

>> Why the fuck is that??? First it was SimCity 3000, and now it's UT,
>> everything screw up after I upgraded to glibc 2.4!!

> Well, you should've installed, not updated
> The old libs should've coexisted with the new ones happily.

It is always better and safer to follow the route of an entire distribution.
The release cycle permits you to do this without any problem not impatience.
Mewonders why you upgraded glibc in the first place. That said, I agree that
it's a deficiency. A bug rather than a feature...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
  4:25am  up 42 days  9:58,  10 users,  load average: 0.24, 1.12, 1.71