Re: Erik Funkenbusch - scumbag

begin  risky.vbs
	<e6d2ff$f07$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	High Plains Thumper <hpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper wrote:

>>> At the top of
>>>
>>> http://www.schestowitz.com/
>>>
>>> it states when mouse is hovered over "Non-Profit Site" text at
>>> the top, "Non-Profit Site: Revenue donated to charity".
>>
>> Bull.  He can say that all day long.  He doesn't mention the
>> charities he donates to.  Given how he likes to toot his horn in so
>> many other ways, that seems a bit odd, doesn't it?
>
> Does he have to?  It sounds like he got under your skin.

That is very clear. Remember, Erik is a MS apologist first. Spreading
FUD and lies come as a natural 2nd and 3rd. Resorting to unethical
personal attacks comes last believe it or not. Roy's advocacy posts
about Linux clearly vex Erik to the point he has to try and discredit
him.  He tried it with Rex and failed and he has failed again.

>> If he's a non-profit, he's required to file information about his
>> non-profit status.  Otherwise, he's accepting money.  Even if he does
>> donate the money to charity, that doesn't make him a non-profit
>> organization.
>
> You are assuming.  It says that the site is non-profit.  Also he
> falls under British law, not American.

Quite.

>>> That calculates to 3 hits per day.  If he were making a profit,
>>> at that rate he better not quit his other sources of revenue.
>>
>> Irrelevant.
>
> Now, how practical is that attitude?  I see a mountain out of a
> molehill of a target.

To Erik it is a mountain. For whatever reason Erik found it necesary
to try and discredit Roy in a public forum. He has just shown everyone
who reads COLA what an unethical swine he is. Us longtime Linux
advocates knew this character defect a long time ago. Nice of Erik to
display his lack of ethics to all the current COLA subscibers.