Re: How to show hidden files in Nautilus

  • Subject: Re: How to show hidden files in Nautilus
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 10 Jun 2006 09:05:02 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ Larry Qualig ] on Saturday 10 June 2006 01:08 \__
>
> > (Again... just as news-worthy (or lack thereof) as the other tripe
> > being called "News")
> >
> > </quote>
> > Show hidden files and folders in Nautilus
> >
> > Click on the Views tab.
> >
> > Select the Show hidden and backup files check box.
> >
> > To permanently show all hidden files and folders, choose
> > Edit->Preferences.
> >
> > </quote>
> >
> > http://help.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/desktopguide/C/desktop-tips.html
>

> How old are you, Larry? No need to answer.

I have nothing to hide and don't mind answering anything.

How old am I? Old enough to realize that there are many things in life
that are far more important than a computer program/Os an that it's not
worth devoting my life and free time to something as trivial.

I'm also young enough to remember what I was doing at midnight, 1:00AM,
2:00AM, 3:00AM and 4:00AM on a Friday night when I was a college
student. And it wasn't flooding newsgroups with links to "grouch's blog
entry" and calling it news.

I'm 44.