Re: Interesting Perspective on Software Licences

  • Subject: Re: Interesting Perspective on Software Licences
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 09:58:19 +0100
  • Jlaforums: I am NOT a "Guest", I am BANNED from JLAforums but they STILL archive my USENET posts!
  • M$-windows: Bullmanure-enhanced.com
  • Machine: #1, drive 2
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, comp.os.linux.misc
This message was posted on Usenet, NOT JLAforums, & on Mon, 19 Jun 2006
05:20:29 +0100, Roy Schestowitz posted this:

> __/ [ roy.schestowitz@xxxxxxxxx ] on Monday 19 June 2006 03:57 \__
>
>>  The BSA says on its Web site you should keep all original disks,
>>  documentation, and licenses of any kind for all your software
>> especially Linux because
>> Linux has yet to withstand the courst wrath.
>>

>> http://www.netorkworld.com/newsletters/sbt/2006/0612networker3.html?...
>>

>> Thus, it is not surprising that...
>>

>> CIO Jury: Linux software licensing 'too complex' .
>>

>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Traditional enterprise Linux software licensing has become too
>> complex and
>> | is pushing organizations towards on-demand and closed source
>> | alternatives, according to IT directors.
>> `----
>
> This was *not* me. It's a faker. Please killfile by E-mail address or IP
> address.

So first they try to discredit you with the copyright thing, then they
moan about the [NEWS] posts, then one idiot wintroll says he's reported
you for excessive spamming (he should be terminated for wasting the ISP's
time with frivolous complaints IMO), & now they try forging you to
discredit your posts. Hell, you *must* be doing something right for them
to try all this, Roy! Carry on the good work. :-)

Actually I have yahoo & google-groups blocked, so I didn't see the
original BS posted by the forger. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the
carlos.linux@xxxxxxxxx/hans.kim1967@xxxxxxxxx nymshifting troll.

--
www.jlaforums.com steals usenet newsgroup posts, & misleads the public
into thinking the posts come from their own forums. THEY DON'T!