Re: [News] Microsoft France Cracked!

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 03:23:39 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Also of interest:
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Earlier this week I blogged about the case of Turkish hackers defacing
>| a record number of websites.  38,500 sites were defaced in a single day
>| by hacker iSKORPiTX who used an automated mechanism to attack what
>| appeared to be an exploit in a sloppy implementation of ASP code (more
>| than 21,000 sites listed here).
> `----
>
>                 http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=239
>
> Why is it kept so quiet?

According to that article, the problem was at GoDaddy.  No sites other than
GoDaddy sites were compromised.  Microsoft looked into the report and
stated that it wasn't a microsoft problem.  GoDaddy's PR person refused to
actually answer the question and just weaseled around and claimed no
GoDaddy custers were effected, despite obvious evidence otherwise.

So please, Roy.  Stop being so dishonest with your summaries.